Skip to main content

A beautiful Journey

That was a terrible day for me. I went to the city Bhopal by Bus at morning to complete some documentation work of prime importance in a Government office, but due to some reason it didn't work out well and till the evening I was devastated. I was sad and again boarded on a Bus to travel Home (Indore) at around 6:30 pm. It takes around 4 hours to reach Indore. 
I worry a lot about my life. A lot of bad things happened before, things didn't work out the way I wanted to, well not everyone’s' life is a bed of roses. But I think about them a lot and make myself sad.
That night was quite different for me as I was experiencing something like this for the very first time.
It's august, the monsoon is at its peak. Sun is quite shy these days, hides behind the clouds throughout the day. It’s been several days since the sunlight falls upon us. I don't like monsoon much. There's water everywhere. The road becomes sort of river and the "mud" is just nature's way to irritate you to the core. You make plans and rain ruins them. I hate monsoon usually, but that night it was different.
Just before starting my commute mother called, she said to take an umbrella with you. On my way home, I was sad thinking about all the bad things again, they were flashing before my eyes like a motion picture. I was sitting on a window seat. Window seats are my favorite. It always amazes me how just sitting on an ordinary window seat you can actually have a look into your life. You can have your life’s reflection before you. It was quite a wonderful bus, Volvo AC bus. It has those large glass windows. I have liked that bus.  
At around 8:30 pm it started raining. It was dark outside. I was still about 2 hours from home. And then after a while, it started raining heavily. It was like a storm. The wind was blowing like a tornado. I was watching through the glass window that how rain suddenly changes everything. The view got blurry and like a lens. The lights in highways were appearing like they were dancing to the Elvis Presley's pop songs with blurriness all around them. I could see the lens flare effect on the lights outside. Trees appearing as they were breathing heavily. As if they were running from fear. The heavy droplets of water started bouncing back on the road feels like they were making synchronizing music. It’s fun to watch how they were bouncing back from the roof of the cars on the highway. The water droplets were now on the window's glass. I could really feel the chill in the atmosphere by placing my hand on the window. The bus was running at high speed, splashing the water on the road. Sometimes it splashes the water over the cars. Everything was beautiful.
I was enjoying this a lot. For the first time in my life, I was thinking about all the good things that have happened to me. Good things are extremely less, but yet I was enjoying every single of them. Realizing how precious they are. Giving you hope for the forward journey in life. I was happy. I was happy with all my heart. Smiling every now and then. While watching heavy rainfall through the window of a travel bus, "life is beautiful", I thought.
At around 10:30, I reached Indore. The bus stopped at its bus depot and I needed to reach home that is situated around 9 Kilometers from there. The rainfall hadn't been stopped yet. It was raining like it has never rained before. As I was getting off the bus I pulled my umbrella open. I was still happy, smiling, feeling like dancing. And then suddenly I lifted off umbrella from over my head. I don’t really know why I did that. I wasn't just wetting myself, I was feeling the rain. I was crazy that night. Around me, people were fearing the rain. They were taking shelter, using umbrella, raincoats. But not me though I was feeling it, I wasn't afraid of the rain that night. I wasn't afraid that I could catch a cold, that my mobile phone wouldn't be going to work, that my clothes would get wet. Walking in the rain with an open umbrella but not over my head, I asked myself, “Am I insane”. “You are the sanest person around”, replied the heart. As I had thought before, the roads were converted into rivers. There was water all around. It was about my knees. Yet I was walking in it without fear. My phone began to ring. My family members were getting worried about me they wanted me to get home safely. I didn’t exactly want to go home as I was enjoying the rain but I took an auto rickshaw and reached home safely. That was the end of my short yet effective journey. 
That was very unusual to me. Usually, I hate being wet in the rain. Something like this never happened in my life before. But I enjoyed it to the core. This made me realize something about life that the good and the beautiful things are not very far away from us they have been always around us and they always will be, we just have to find them. We should appreciate the good things that have happened to us time to time, they may be very few but still, they guide us provide us hope for better things to come.    
Reminds me of a quote from Harry Potter, “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dard kuch der hi rehta hai, bahut der nahi

A Poem by Gulzar Dard kuch der hi rehta hai, bahut der nahi, jis tarah shaakh se toray hue ek pattay ka rang mand par jata hai kuch roz alag shaakh se reh kar shaakh se toot kar yeh dard jeeye ga kab tak? khatam ho jayegi jab is ki rasad, tim-timayega zara der ko bujhtay-bujhtay, aur phir lambi si ek sans dhuan ki le kar khatam ho jayega, yeh dard bhi, bujh jayega. dard kuch der hi rehta hai, bahut der nahi...                                                                             - gulzar

Chai!

I hope most of the Indians can relate to what I am about to say. Chai is not just another beverage. It is a feeling, an emotion, a culture, and a tradition. To be honest, I am not a massive fan of the taste of chai, it's, of course, delicious, but that's not the reason why I drink chai. For me, chai is a getaway from reality beverage, taking a pause, taking rest, taking a break from all the work we do, to relish the short but precious moments we get every day. It is the emotional connection that I have with chai that makes it so special. I enjoy the journey and the ritual that I take while preparing the chai. You could say that why not coffee? Why I am talking about chai here and not coffee. Coffee is not an emotion. It does not require a ritual to be performed; it lacks the journey. While chai takes you into another realm where everything is okay. You forget your pains, you forget troubles, you forget your worries, you forget your work, you forget all the things that you need

Marriages

Today when we were having snacks at office canteen. A newly joined girl in our group( a bunch of friends having the same experience as me, we take lunch and snacks together) told us that she got engaged and soon she'll be getting married. Every other girl was like awwwwww!!!! woww!!!, show us pictures of him, where is your ring? where will you be going to get married? Is it arranged or love? What will you be going to wear? Where will you go for honeymoon? Oh! that ghagra is beautiful. Aren't you lucky to get married near a sea in Puri. And then she said her fiance is from IIT and currently working in a startup and planning to create his own company, everyone's face was just light up and all were like oh wow you are one lucky girl. There is nothing wrong in this the yet to be bride was happy and every girl was happy listening to her. But what concerns me that none of the girls asked her these, How good the guy is? What's his nature like? Do you love this guy? Does t