Skip to main content

Kindle: A gadget of Joy

I had always been skeptical about buying Kindle. "Buy it or not to buy it, that is the question" and I am so glad that now what used to be "that is the question" becomes "that was the question" as finally, I bought the Kindle from Amazon. My very own beloved Kindle which I can cherish for life or perhaps at least for 2 years as per Kindle Protection Plan.
The skeptics might be with the price or perhaps with my love for books, the books that made out of woods or with the possibility of mine to regain my habit of reading. I had not been reading books for 1.5 years, these 1.5 years were the worst years of my life, to be precise my worst days started from Feb 2016.
Now things are getting somewhat good if not great and so am I, if not great of course. I so wanted to jump on reading books at my earliest. And after buying Kindle I am delighted as if I found my lost treasure which was lost 1.5 years ago.
I again started reading and the best part is, now a day I fall asleep while reading the book on Kindle just like how I used to sleep before to be precise on 2013-14. I bet it's the best way to fall asleep.
I am literally laughing as I write this as I ponder how well I managed to write about myself and my sad days in an article about Kindle.

I bought Kindle Paperwhite which has a listing price of 10,999 on Amazon as of now. And of course, this 10,999 is in Rupees. But as I bought it while Amazon was having "Great Indian Sale", it cost me around 8,999.
I also received 2 offers from Amazon but to avail these offers it was required to buy Kindle cover too worth Rupees 1299 :
  1. Extended Kindle protection plan for 1 year. So now I can replace my Kindle if something bad happens to it, just like something bad happens to me always ( see how well I managed to write about myself...) within 2 years instead of usual one. So sad I am not replaceable after something bad happens.
  2. Kindle content credit of up to 2000 rupees. According to Amazon, I will receive 80% of discount in any book I buy. That 80% gets deduct from 2000 Rs until it converts to Rs 0. I just realize they have provided Rupee symbol in my keyboard so why the hell I am still using "Rupees" instead of ₹. This is so me. An absence of mind creature         


Here comes a part when I should write about technical details of Kindle:
  1. It has 6" Paperwhite display with Carta e-paper technology and built-in light, 300 ppi, optimised font technology, 16-level grey scale.
  2. Weight is 205 grams.
  3. Storage is 4GB but usable is around 2 GB which can store books for your lifetime.
  4. Kindle supports Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF (without password and DRM), unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion.
  5. You can download MOBI, PRC, PDF, TXT, AZW3 ebooks from internet, Then transfer to your kindle from your computer through USB Cable and read them.
  6. You can download EPUB, Doc, RTF and HTML ebooks from Internet, then Convert to AZW3 or Mobi using free softwares like Calibre, then transfer to your Kindle from your computer through USB Cable and read them
  7. Goodreads is also integrated with Kindle that means you can access Goodreads and all its features from Kindle.

Kindle is a must buy for all Book readers. And besides, for obvious benefits it lets you fall asleep while reading with bedroom's lights off. Tell me what else you want from life?









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dard kuch der hi rehta hai, bahut der nahi

A Poem by Gulzar Dard kuch der hi rehta hai, bahut der nahi, jis tarah shaakh se toray hue ek pattay ka rang mand par jata hai kuch roz alag shaakh se reh kar shaakh se toot kar yeh dard jeeye ga kab tak? khatam ho jayegi jab is ki rasad, tim-timayega zara der ko bujhtay-bujhtay, aur phir lambi si ek sans dhuan ki le kar khatam ho jayega, yeh dard bhi, bujh jayega. dard kuch der hi rehta hai, bahut der nahi...                                                                             - gulzar

Chai!

I hope most of the Indians can relate to what I am about to say. Chai is not just another beverage. It is a feeling, an emotion, a culture, and a tradition. To be honest, I am not a massive fan of the taste of chai, it's, of course, delicious, but that's not the reason why I drink chai. For me, chai is a getaway from reality beverage, taking a pause, taking rest, taking a break from all the work we do, to relish the short but precious moments we get every day. It is the emotional connection that I have with chai that makes it so special. I enjoy the journey and the ritual that I take while preparing the chai. You could say that why not coffee? Why I am talking about chai here and not coffee. Coffee is not an emotion. It does not require a ritual to be performed; it lacks the journey. While chai takes you into another realm where everything is okay. You forget your pains, you forget troubles, you forget your worries, you forget your work, you forget all the things that you need

Marriages

Today when we were having snacks at office canteen. A newly joined girl in our group( a bunch of friends having the same experience as me, we take lunch and snacks together) told us that she got engaged and soon she'll be getting married. Every other girl was like awwwwww!!!! woww!!!, show us pictures of him, where is your ring? where will you be going to get married? Is it arranged or love? What will you be going to wear? Where will you go for honeymoon? Oh! that ghagra is beautiful. Aren't you lucky to get married near a sea in Puri. And then she said her fiance is from IIT and currently working in a startup and planning to create his own company, everyone's face was just light up and all were like oh wow you are one lucky girl. There is nothing wrong in this the yet to be bride was happy and every girl was happy listening to her. But what concerns me that none of the girls asked her these, How good the guy is? What's his nature like? Do you love this guy? Does t